With plenty left over, I decided to dip the candied peels in dark chocolate for an extra post-Thanksgiving treat!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing to combine.
- Dip candied peels into mixture, leaving some of the candied peel exposed.
- Place dipped peels onto parchment-lined cookie sheet to cool and harden chocolate.