Have I ever told you about my book club? Once a month, I look forward to gathering with this group of ten phenomenal women to catch up, discuss our latest reading, and share a meal. We take turns hosting and choose a dinner theme to complement our book selection. The host provides the theme and the main dish; the rest of us fill in with appetizers, sides, drinks, and desserts. Our evenings are filled with laughter, and dinner is always as creative and delicious as the conversation is intelligent and fun.
This month, we had a camping theme, complete with S’mores and marshmallows roasted over an open fire — city style.
My contribution? Edible Dirt! It’s a classic, no-bake recipe (perfect during this week’s Philly heat wave) and, in edible cups, means there’s no trash to be left on the trail.
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 waffle bowls
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3.4 oz. Jell-O instant chocolate pudding (4-serving size)
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 14.3 oz. box Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Gummy worms
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil. Dip waffle bowls in melted chocolate; set aside.
- Dissolve espresso powder in 2 tablespoons hot water; set aside.
- Whisk together milk, instant pudding, and espresso mixture for two minutes until pudding is completely dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in Cool Whip and 1/2 cup of crushed cookies.
- Fill each cup, layering Oreos, pudding mixture, and gummy worms, beginning and ending with Oreos.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve same day cups are filled.