No sooner did I hit “publish” on last week’s post about warm weather and summer dessert, than the temperature dropped, the leaves turned color, and it officially felt like fall.
Time to open the windows, let the cool air in, and turn up the heat on the oven for some baking with the quintessential fall ingredient — pumpkin! In previous autumns, I’ve made Pumpkin Granola Bars, Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Pumpkin Ale Cupcakes, and Pumpkin Spice Mini Cupcakes. This time? It was Pumpkin Donut Muffins with Blood Orange Jam. Welcome, Fall!
Yield: 10 muffins
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces plain vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Blood orange jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, add melted butter, and combine.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into bottom of muffin tin, top with 1 teaspoon jam, and cover with batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Roll muffins in sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was converted and adapted from Simply Delicious.